A soothing topical spray with antipruritic and anti-inflammatory effects
- Designed to reduce itching
- Soothes sensitive skin and promotes the healing of superficial lesions
- Provides comfort during moulting and can help reduce irritation which is often a factor in feather plucking birds
- Uses transdermal technology for efficacy of topical application
- Can be easily applied to broad areas
Directions for use:
- Shake bottle well before use
- Apply mist to affected areas from a distance of 30-60cm, 4 or 5 times daily
- Use should be continued for 2-4 weeks or until improvement is observed
* Note: (Whilst Avifood Spray should not affect the eyes, we advise that sprays should not be directed at an animal’s face.)
During the therapy it is advised that the feathers are rinsed once every other day with Avifood Shower to remove any residue from the skin and feathers. Once use of the Spray is complete, aftercare with Avifood Shower should be continued as a regular ‘shower’ once daily for a minimum of another 4 weeks.
- Distilled water; Pure Aloe Vera; Quaternary ammonium compounds; Monolaurin
The Properties of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera contains many naturally occurring antioxidants and has recognised antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, antifungal and immune-regulating properties. It has ‘cooling’ properties with most skin and feather problems being ‘warm’ disorders.
The Pain Relieving Properties of Quaternary Amines (aka quaternary ammonium compounds).
These are naturally occurring compounds produced from protein breakdown and are also manufactured for use in commercial pain relief products. Quaternary amines have a strong positive electrical charge which helps correct the electrical imbalance in damaged cell membranes, dulling pain perception. These amines are able to pass through the skin (transdermal) and offer pain relief directly at the site of cellular damage.
The Properties of Monolaurin
Monolaurin is the non-toxic, inactive form of the saturated fatty acid, lauric acid. On contact with the skin monolaurin naturally breaks down to active lauric acid. Fatty acids are well known for their antiviral and antimicrobial activity and lauric acid is recognised as having the strongest of these properties.
- African Grey
- Canary and Finch
- Conure - Large
- Conure - Small
- Macaw - Large
- Macaw - Small
- Meyers and Senegals
Please note - the above information should be used for guidance only - you know your bird best!
FREE NEXT DAY UK DELIVERY – FOR ORDERS OVER £69
Place your order online before 3pm Monday to Friday. Choose the Free Next Day delivery option and we will deliver your parcel by Parcelforce the next working day (Mon – Fri only)
The next day delivery for orders under £69 costs just £5.99. It is available for in stock orders and to most UK mainland addresses (excluding some large items).
FREE STANDARD UK DELIVERY – FOR ORDERS OVER £39
Our Standard Delivery service usually takes 3 – 5 working days and your parcel will be delivery by Royal Mail.
NEW - SATURDAY & SUNDAY DELIVERY - £6.99
Place your order by 3pm on Friday and request a Saturday or Sunday delivery. UK Mainland only.
Large cages and some stands are available for delivery to UK Mainland only and may take and extra few days or be subject to surcharge in some areas.
- Please note, the expected delivery times above exclude Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Full in-depth delivery information can be found here or you can call us on our FREE number 0800 327 7511 and we will be happy to assist.