Harrison's Bird Bread Omega is an Organic baking mix that allows you to bake for your bird.
This is the Omega, but you can choose Original, Millet & Flax or Hot Pepper flavours, providing your bird with choice and variety!
With three yummy flavoured cakes to choose from for you and your bird to enjoy.
Provides a healthy alternative for bird owners who choose to prepare their own bird food or those who give regular treats to their birds.
- Can be offered instead of table food to birds that like to eat at family mealtimes.
- Can be used to assist in converting birds to a formulated diet.
- Can be hidden as a foraging reward.
- Can be used as a vehicle for administering liquid medications.
- Provides an easy-to-use transition for hospitalised or boarding birds until acceptance of the appropriate formulated diet.
- Can be moistened and offered to birds that are feeding chicks as a soft food.
- Can be used as a weaning food to transition to a formulated diet.
Do not bake in non-stick (PTFE-coated) cookware, as the fumes are toxic to birds.
- You Will Need
- 1 bag Harrison`s Bird Bread Mix
- 2 whole Organic eggs (no shell)
- 1 cup water
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Pour the contents of bag into medium mixing bowl.
- Add the 2 eggs (remove yolk for less fat)
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of a high quality Organic vegetable oil
- 1 cup (235 ml) water.
- Mix thoroughly and pour into greased bread pan or muffin tin.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
DO NOT bake in nonstick (PTFE-coated) cookware, as the fumes are toxic to birds
May make up to 30% of the daily diet.
If prepared with the addition of fruits, vegetables or nuts, Bird Bread should be considered a 'treat' and fed only in limited quantities (no more than 10% of the daily food allotment when combined with all other treats).
Can be served warm.
Some flavourings (vanilla, maple) or herbs can be added as long as they do not change the nutritional content.
Because Bird Bread Mix contains no preservatives, some care is recommended for storage.
If the bag is opened, the top can be zipped closed or rolled down and closed with a chip clip for 4-6 weeks.
Bird Bread can be stored for 1 week in the refrigerator and 6 weeks in the freezer after baking.
Baked Bird Bread can be divided into portions, wrapped in plastic wrap and placed back in the original Harrison's Bird Foods bag for storage in the freezer.
Bird Bread should not be reheated in a plastic container.
- Harrison's Bird Foods, Grey Millet, Sweet Corn, Baking Powder, (aluminium-free) Calcium Carbonate, indicates certified Organic ingredient.
- Guaranteed Analysis
- Crude protein (min.) 15%,
- Crude fat (min.) 8%,
- Crude fibre (max.) 6.5%,
- Moisture (max.) 10%
- African Grey
- Canary and Finch
- Conure - Large
- Conure - Small
- Macaw - Large
- Macaw - Small
- Meyers and Senegals
Please note - the above information should be used for guidance only - you know your bird best!
IMPORTANT: Orders for NEXT WORKING DAY Delivery must be placed before 12pm. Parcel Force can no longer guarantee this Service. However most parcels are dilvered on time.
FREE NEXT DAY UK DELIVERY – FOR ORDERS OVER £69
Place your order online before 12pm Monday to Friday. Choose the Free Next Day delivery option and we will deliver your parcel by Parcelforce the next working day (Mon – Fri only)
The next day delivery for orders under £69 costs just £5.99. It is available for in stock orders and to most UK mainland addresses (excluding some large items).
FREE STANDARD UK DELIVERY – FOR ORDERS OVER £39
Our Standard Delivery service usually takes 3 – 5 working days and your parcel will be delivery by Royal Mail.
Large cages and some stands are available for delivery to UK Mainland only and may take and extra few days or be subject to surcharge in some areas.
- Please note, the expected delivery times above exclude Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Full in-depth delivery information can be found here or you can call us on our FREE number 0800 327 7511 and we will be happy to assist.