Palmgloss is an organic dietary supplement designed to provide the essential fatty acids, carotenoids and natural vitamin E essential for the everyday wellness of your birds.
This natural oil is a great dietary supplement for all animals. It can be used alongside most avian diets (Harrison’s Bird Foods, softbill mixes, egg-foods, hand rearing diets or seeds) except those which already contain Palm oil such as Harrison’s Power Treats.
Benefits of Palmgloss® through its natural active ingredients:
- Dietary source of essential fatty acids Omega 3 and 6
- Providing increased levels of vitamin E, one of the body’s natural antioxidants, an essential part of the body’s immune system
- By increasing the availability of the correct forms of oils it is beneficial for all aspects of the skin and plumage, including dry and flaky skin and dull or brittle feathers
- Supplies a variety of natural carotenes such as beta-carotene, the precursor of essential vitamin A
- Inactivation of bacteria, viruses and fungi, while also supporting the body's natural defences
- Medium-chain fatty acids as a readily available energy source for weakened and young animals
- Organic Extra Virgin Red Palm Oil (country of origin: Colombia)
- Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (country of origin: Sri Lanka)
- Organic Wheat Germ Oil (country of origin: Germany)
- Organic Perilla Oil (country of origin: China)
Please note that the manufacturers of Palmgloss are strictly against the destruction of the rain forest in South East Asia for the purpose of cultivating fast-growing palm oil plantations. The organic palm oil in Palmgloss comes from sustainable organic farms in Colombia.
Directions for use:
- Palmgloss is liquid at room temperature
- Shake well or stir carefully with a plastic soon before use
- Mix with your animals' daily feed (10ml to 450g of food). 10ml is equivalent to the enclosed measuring spoon
- Palmgloss can be added to a bag of Harrison's Bird Food, 10ml per 454g/1lb (see photos). The food can then be returned to the bag and the daily amount fed as usual. Once Palmgloss is added the food should be consumed within 8 weeks as per usual. We recommend squeezing the air out of the bag before closing and keeping the mixed food in the fridge between feeds
- For individual feeding, add 2-3 drops daily to the food of a 30g-100g bird and 0.4ml –1.0 ml daily to the food of a larger bird (weighing 400g – 1000+g)
- Can be used to make Harrison's Bird Bread
- Once placed in the fridge, the consistency of Palmgloss changes and so it can be spread on a piece of fruit, vegetable or Harrison’s Bird Bread
- Use within 1 year of opening
- White spots may form in the Palmgloss® due to the different temperatures at which the various ingredients go solid. This is NOT a quality defect. It is a proof that Palmgloss® is a mixture of different not refined oils in extra virgin quality grade. At temperatures over 35°C the white spots dissolve completely but may reappear if the Palmgloss® is stored below 20°C.
- Individual results may vary. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
- African Grey
- Canary and Finch
- Conure - Large
- Conure - Small
- Macaw - Small
- Macaw - Large
- Meyers and Senegals
Please note - the above information should be used for guidance only - you know your bird best!
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
FREE NEXT DAY UK DELIVERY – FOR ORDERS OVER £69
Place your order online before 3pm Monday to Friday. Choose the Free Next Day delivery option and we will deliver your parcel by Parcelforce or DPD the next working day (Mon – Fri only)
The next day delivery for orders under £69 costs just £5.99. It is available for in stock orders and to most UK mainland addresses (excluding some large items).
FREE STANDARD UK DELIVERY – FOR ORDERS OVER £39
Our Standard Delivery service usually takes 3 – 5 working days and your parcel will be delivery by Royal Mail, Parcel Force or DPD depending on the size and weight of your parcel.
If your order is less than £39, Standard Delivery costs just £3.99.
- Please note, the expected delivery times above exclude Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
SATURDAY & SUNDAY DELIVERY - £6.99
Place your order by 3pm on Friday and request a Saturday or Sunday delivery. UK Mainland only.
Large cages and some stands are available for delivery to UK Mainland only and may take an extra few days or be subject to surcharge in some areas.
Full in-depth delivery information can be found here or you can call us on our FREE number 0800 327 7511 and we will be happy to assist.