Parrot & Bird safe disinfectant cleanser, recommended against E.coli, Salmonella, psittacosis and flu viruses.
This disinfectant has additional detergent and deodorising action, suitable for parrot cages and stands, feeder, water bowls, nest boxes, bird tables, ect.
For the non-technical
- Ark-Klens is a bird safe brilliant bird disinfectant and cleanser. Its a really good cleanser for wiping down surfaces, non-scented to it doesn't put the birds off. Kills psittacosis, flu viruses (and many others) and E.coli and Salmonella. Its been used on vet tables for years, is recommended by UFAW for bird tables - sold by the RSPB - you can't get better. A bottle goes a long way so its economical.
- This is a blend of benzalkonium chloride (quaternary ammonium compounds or QAC´s) specially selected for safety of use. This family of chemicals are powerful disinfectants with an additional detergent and deodorising action.
- At the recommended concentrations ARK-KLENS is non-corrosive, it is bactericidal against a wide range of gram negative and gram positive bacteria, some viruses and some fungi are also susceptible. This makes ARK-KLENS suitable for disinfection of the birds or animals "environment" such as cages, kennels, and food and water bowls etc. It can also be used safely as a disinfectant for birds eggs and incubators.
- As a disinfectant it has broad antibacterial activity and is virucidal against lipophilic viruses. It is of particular use in exotic bird quarantine situations due to its efficacy against Chlamydia (ref. Helga Gerlach in Ritchie, Harrison & Harrison 1994, Avian Medicine.Principles and Application, "Infectivity has been shown to be destroyed within minutes by benzalkonium chloride"). These authors also suggest its use for daily cage cleansing and as a table top disinfectant.
- General disinfection is carried out using 10ml/5 litres ie a final concentration of 0.025%.
- 250ml makes 25 gallons (100 litres) of disinfectant.
- This concentration is suitable for egg washing although up to (1 in 1000) is used safely on poultry eggs.
- Ready to Use bottle with spray - 500ml
- Concentrate Refill - 250ml
- African Grey
- Canary and Finch
- Conure - Large
- Conure - Small
- Macaw - Small
- Macaw - Large
- Meyers and Senegals
- Wild Birds
- Small Pets
Please note - the above information is based on recommendation by the manufacturer of this product.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
FREE NEXT DAY UK DELIVERY – FOR ORDERS OVER £69
Place your order online before 3pm Monday to Friday. Choose the Free Next Day delivery option and we will deliver your parcel by Parcelforce the next working day (Mon – Fri only)
The next day delivery for orders under £69 costs just £5.99. It is available for in stock orders and to most UK mainland addresses (excluding some large items).
FREE STANDARD UK DELIVERY – FOR ORDERS OVER £39
Our Standard Delivery service usually takes 3 – 5 working days and your parcel will be delivery by Royal Mail.
NEW - SATURDAY & SUNDAY DELIVERY - £6.99
Place your order by 3pm on Friday and request a Saturday or Sunday delivery. UK Mainland only.
Large cages and some stands are available for delivery to UK Mainland only and may take and extra few days or be subject to surcharge in some areas.
- Please note, the expected delivery times above exclude Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Full in-depth delivery information can be found here or you can call us on our FREE number 0800 327 7511 and we will be happy to assist.