Save when you buy these two products together
Buy the fully adjustable floor lamp (designed for use with Zoo Med's Avian Sun Compact Fluorescent Bulb) and the Fluorescent Bulb together and save! Provide the correct and essential UV level to allow your bird to see as nature intended!
Providing the correct levels of UVB allows birds to synthesise vitamin D3 in their skin, or through a special process involving the preening gland. Vitamin D3 is essential for proper calcium metabolism. This is necessary for normal growth, maintenance of strong bones and egg production. Birds have specialised retinas that enable them to see UVA, helping them to recognise mates, locate food, and identify different species. Using lighting that emits UVA can help to curb feather picking and other destructive behaviours.
- Maximum Height 185cm (6ft 1")
- Base Diameter 23cm (9")
- Goose Neck Length 38cm (15")
- Cable Length 53cm (5ft)
- Boxed Weight: 4.3kg
- UVB - Researchers have found that most birds benefit from UVB. Exposure to UVB allows birdsto synthesis vitamin D3 in the skin through a special process involving the preen gland. Vitamin D3 is essential for proper calcium metabolism. This is necessary for normal growth, maintenance of strong bones and egg production.
- UVA - "visable light": Birds have specialised retinas that enabel them to see UVA, helping them to recognise mates, locvate food and identify different species. Using lighting that emits UVA can help curb feather picking and othe destructive behaviours. Without UVA birds are deprived of the full colour spectrum they see in nature and are colourblind! UVA is necessary for the psychological health of your bird.
- Made with special UV transmitting quartz glass, plastic, metal.
- UVB and UVA emissions last 6 months.
- Emits UV radiation - DO NOT stare into the lamp.
- Fror Avian use only.
- This product is sold with a fitted, UK standard, 3 pin plug, unfortunately we cannot supply non UK specification products.