By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Our Contact Details
Full details: Parrot Essentials, 202 Hampton Road, Twickenham, TW2 5NJ
Name of legal entity: Parrot Essentials, 202 Hampton Road, Twickenham, TW2 5NJ
Parrot Essentials and www.ParrotEssentials.co.uk are trading names of Pets TLC Ltd, Registered in England number: 08477331.
Our registered office is 202 Hampton Road, Twickenham, TW2 5NJ
Our VAT registration number is 219024042.
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Data Controller, Parrot Essentials, 202 Hampton Road, Twickenham, TW2 5NJ
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
It is important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by updating your account details on the website. Click here to update your personal details https://www.parrotessentials.co.uk/login.php
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
Parrot Essentials may collect the following information about you:
- Your name, age/date of birth and gender
- Your contact details: postal address including billing and delivery addresses, telephone numbers (including mobile numbers) and e-mail address
- Purchases and orders made by you
- Your on-line browsing activities on Parrot Essentials websites
- Your password(s);
- When you make a purchase or place an order with us, your payment card details
- Your communication and marketing preferences;
- Your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses
- Your location
- Your correspondence and communications with Parrot Essentials and
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an on-line account on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing or shopping activity. We may also collect personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us, or from publicly available sources.
We also receive personal data from trusted third parties who provide services to our customers under the Parrot Essentials brand, such as our Loyalty Scheme.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Parrot Essentials collects data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Through our website or by phone: You may provide data by filling in forms, placing an order on our website or by communicating with us by phone, email or other means. This includes but it is not limited to: when your order product or services, create an account on our website, subscribe to our newsletter, request information or marketing materials to be sent to you, enter a competition, promotion, survey or give us a feedback.
- Publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below but not limited to:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
- Facebook, Amazon, eBay, Trade shows
- Search information providers based in the EU.
- Google, Bing, Amazon
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services such as Braintree, PayPal, Parcelforce, DPD and Royal Mail based inside the EU.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Parrot Essentials uses your personal data:
- To provide goods and services to you
- To make a tailored website and landing pates available to you
- To manage any registered account(s) that you hold with us
- To verify your identity
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you
- For market research purposes - to better understand your needs
- To enable Parrot Essentials to manage customer service interactions with you; and
- Where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute).
Parrot Essentials will only use your personal data when legally permitted.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email.
You can always withdraw your consent to marketing at any time by either emailing us or clicking on the unsubscribe link in every marketing email we sent.
5. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Parrot Essentials collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- The pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below)
- The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods or services to a customer; or
- Complying with our legal obligations
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Parrot Essentials including:
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
- Protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare
- Promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services
- Sending promotional communications which are relevant and maybe tailored to individual customers (including administering Parrot Essentials loyalty scheme)
- Understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour, including working with law enforcement agencies
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
- Managing claims by customers
- Protecting Parrot Essentials, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Parrot Essentials
- Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Parrot Essentials
- Fulfilling our duties to our customers
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- Requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us
- If you provided us with your details and ticked the box at the point of entering your details for us to send you marketing communications
- If you have not opted out to receive marketing emails from Parrot Essentials. You can Opt Out by clicking on the Unsubscribe link included every marketing email.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by sending an email to email@example.com or by following the Opt Out link in the marketing emails sent to you.
Opting Out of marketing communications from Parrot Essentials will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
We process the use of individual data under the terms of legitimate interest for marketing purposes.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which it was collected, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose we collected your data for. If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If we intend to use your data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which the data was collected, we will notify you prior to the use of your data and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law. For example, a legal entity in the event of a bad debt.
5. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your data to some entities listed below:
- IT Service providers
- Professional advisers including accountants & auditors, bankers, lawyers and business consultants who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Third parties who store customer data for the purpose of email marketing, affiliate marketing and improved onsite experience.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. PROTECTING YOUR DATA
Parrot Essentials is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure.
Our security measures include:
- Encryption of data
- Internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees
- Limiting access to your personal data to employees, agents, contractors and third parties who have a business need to know such data
- We will notify you and the relevant authority if we suspect a breach of your personal data, when we are legally required to do so
7. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain your personal data.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the following rights:
- The right to ask for a copy of personal data that we hold about you (the right of access)
- The right (in certain circumstances) to request that we delete personal data held on you; where we no longer have any legal reason to retain it (the right of erasure or to be forgotten)
- The right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you (the right of rectification);
- The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you and to object to us using / holding your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so (the right to object);
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to ‘restrict processing of data’; which means that we would need to secure and retain the data for your benefit but not otherwise use it (the right to restrict processing); and
- The right (in certain circumstances) to ask us to supply you with some of the personal data we hold about you in a structured machine-readable format and/or to provide a copy of the data in such a format to another organisation (the right to data portability).
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below:
https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/ or by email at email@example.com
There are no fees for you to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive and reserve the right to refuse to comply with your requests in these circumstances.
We will respond to all legitimate requests within one month unless your request is particularly complex and requires extra time for us to process it.
9. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
Parrot Essentials website (www.ParrotEssentials.co.uk) places cookies, which are small data files, on your computer or handheld device. This is standard practice for all websites.
By using and browsing the Parrot Essentials, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies or refrain from using the site.
You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when websites set or access cookies.